St Michael’s is the oldest girls’ school North of the Orange River. It was founded by Bishop Webb in 1874, and in the same year, the first Mother Superior, Sister Emma, and five volunteers arrived in Bloemfontein to become the…
SMS Mission & Ethos
SMS is a successful multi-cultural English medium Christian Girls’ School with a long and distinguished history in the Free State. The vision is to promote the development of independent, skilled and confident young women who are able to lead happy…
Message from the principal
First and foremost, SMS is a school where huge emphasis is placed on academic excellence with a 100 % pass rate for 40 consecutive years. We also look at the quality of results: SMS obtained a 100 % Bachelors pass (University admission) twice in the past three years. Our learners perform well in various academic competitions provincially and nationally.
What does St Michael’s School for Girls offer?
Choosing the right school for your daughter is always a difficult, yet important decision. Let us help you make that decision easier.
With an academic track record that speaks for itself, SMS should be at the top of your list.
- 41 consecutive years of 100% matric pass rate
- Allan Gray Circle of Excellence School
- Recognised partner of Stellenbosch university
- Gold Honorary Award as top Feeder school for UFS
- SMS offers entire Basic Education Schooling (Gr 000 – Matric)
- Hostel Facilities available from Gr 5 – 11
- A small school with a big heart
SMS is committed to quality education for all our learners and as proof just look at our academic achievement the past 41 years with a 100% matric pass rate.
Our arts and culture offerings are composed of many creative endeavors and disciplines. With chess, debating, photography, music, public speaking and visual arts as just a few of our cultural activities.
At SMS we offer a variety of sport disciplines. From athletics, hockey, netball, tennis, swimming and others…
- COVID-19 ProceduresHere are some of the protocols to follow when returning to school. Follow us on Facebook for more Grade 10-12 drop off protocol. Parents, please adhere to this, for all our safety. Posted by St Michael’s School for Girls on Sunday, June 28, 2020 Grade 7-9 Drop off protocol. Parents, please […]
- Download your school Calendar / Timetable
- Stationary Requirement ListsDownload the Stationary Requirement Lists for here:
- SeMeSter Nov 2019Download the full SeMeSter for November here:
- SMS School Magazine 2019Download your SMS School Magazine 2019 here:
New applicants can download the application form here: