St Michael’s is the oldest girls’ school North of the Orange River. It was founded by Bishop Webb in 1874, and in the same year, the first Mother Superior, Sister Emma, and five volunteers arrived in Bloemfontein to become the…
SMS Mission & Ethos
SMS is a successful multi-cultural English medium Christian Girls’ School with a long and distinguished history in the Free State. The vision is to promote the development of independent, skilled and confident young women who are able to lead happy…
Message from the principal
First and foremost, SMS is a school where huge emphasis is placed on academic excellence with a 100 % pass rate for 40 consecutive years. We also look at the quality of results: SMS obtained a 100 % Bachelors pass (University admission) twice in the past three years. Our learners perform well in various academic competitions provincially and nationally.
- COVID-19 ProceduresHere are some of the protocols to follow when returning to school. Follow us on Facebook for more Grade 10-12 drop off protocol. Parents, please adhere to this, for all our safety. Posted by St Michael’s School for Girls on Sunday, June 28, 2020 Grade 7-9 Drop off protocol. Parents, please […]
- 1st Term Calendar 2020Download your STMS 1st Term Calendar 2020 file here.
- (no title)
- Stationary Requirement Lists 2020Download the Stationary Requirement Lists for 2020 here:
- SeMeSter Nov 2019Download the full SeMeSter for November here:
- SMS School Magazine 2019Download your SMS School Magazine 2019 here:
Why choose St Michael’s School for Girls?
SMS is committed to quality education for all our learners and as proof just look at our academic achievement the past 40 years with a 100% matric pass rate.
Our arts and culture offerings are composed of many creative endeavors and disciplines. With chess, debating, photography, music, public speaking and visual arts as just a few of our cultural activities.
At SMS we offer a variety of sport disciplines. From athletics, hockey, netball, tennis, swimming and others…
New applicants can download the application form here: