Responsible to oversee the general coordination and supervision of all matters pertaining to the smooth, efficient and professional running of the grounds, maintenance and contracted support services of the campus, including the Astro Hockey Turf and security.
Educational: Technical Senior Certificate or equivalent is preferred.
- Driver’s licence and own vehicle required.
- Adjusted flexi hours.
- Hands on, proactive, hard worker who can work on own initiative.
- Ability to give clear instructions and constructive criticism and work independently by following written and verbal instruction.
- Organisational, supervisory and communication skills at all levels.
- Proven computer literacy competence – MS Work; MS Excel; Outlook.
- Able to solve problems and respond to needs as they arise.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong mechanical and handyman knowledge base with the ability to use hand and power tools as well as basic machinery.
- Must be physically capable of performing the job.
- Assisting Principals and / or designated senior staff member with any ad hoc tasks related to the operation of facilities and handyman work as required. Attending staff meetings and planning meetings with outside contractors, service providers if and when required. Assisting with campus event set up. In addition to these typical duties, other duties as assigned may be required.
Applications with supporting documents, must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copies will be accepted.
Closing date: 30 November 2019
Date of Appointment: 1 February 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
School reserves the right not to make an appointment.