Day Care and Homework Centre:
Grade 000 to Grade R
Grade 1 to Grade 6
Venues for various Grades:
Grade 000 and Grade 00 -In the Grade 000 class
Grade R – in the Butterfly class
Grade 1-3 – at the Foundation Phase
Grade 4-5 – in a Intermediate Phase class, usually a Grade 4 class.
Times and Days of the Day Care/Homework Centre:
Mondays to Fridays straight after school until 17:00.
Exeat weekends from 12:00 until 17:00.
Last day of the term 10:00 until 17:00.
Day Care/Homework Centre is from January until November, no Day Care/Homework Centre during December.
Day Care ladies:
Grade 000 and Grade 00 – Auntie Pam and Grace
Grade R – Granny Anna and Auntie Louiza
Grade 1 – Miss Wade
Grade 2 – Miss Musgrave
Grade 3 – Miss Halgryn (Head of Day Care/Homework Centre)
Grade 4-6 – Ms Malie and Mrs Combrink
Responsibilities of the staff:
Keep the girls safe.
Help the girls with homework and areas they need extra help with.
Make sure the girls does not go home with strangers.
Make sure the girls attends and returns from their sport in the afternoons.
Rules and regulations: Homework Centre/Daycare Rules 2017
1. Pupils who attend Homework Centre MUST come to class straight after school or sport and not roam around the school grounds.
2. Girls may move around and play ONLY on the Homework Centre/Daycare grounds where there is supervision.
3. When the girls go to extra murals they have to sign out and sign in again when they return to class.
4. The Centre supplies sandwiches and cooldrink for Grade 000 to Grade 3.
5. The girls may change into comfortable clothes during the afternoon.
6. Your daughter is only released to a parent who needs to sign her out and write the time of collection as well. PLEASE ADVISE WHEN SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE USUAL WILL COLLECT HER.
7. Girls must be collected no later than 17h00. If not collected by 17:10 a late pick up fine of R150 will be added to your invoice.
8. PLEASE MARK ALL YOUR DAUGHTER’S BELONGINGS!! The Homework Centre and Daycare staff is NOT responsible for any lost property.
9. All homework books must be signed daily by parents to make sure the homework has been done properly and for any other information regarding school holidays, activities, exeat weekends, etc. THE FINAL CHECKING OF HOMEWORK IS STILL THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE PARENTS.
10. Please take note that the teachers at the Homework Centre will help your daughter with her homework as far as possible. If, however, she does not attend class because of extra murals or other activities, it will not be possible to do all the homework during the afternoon.
11. Please send a signed letter or email if you would like to cancel Homework Centre/Daycare so that we can fill the space with a new girl.